Sunday, April 18, 2010

Irresponsbility

I really enjoy this title. You don't know where I'm going to go with it. Hell, I really don't know. Kidding. At least click the link at the bottom of my rant if you get tired of reading it.

I linked another blog on my Facebook page that talked about this ridiculous new sandwich that KFC has put on the market. I swear to god, someday, I will wake up and it will be a dream. Sadly, however, I recalled that Wendy's has it's own version of instant death on the market called the Baconator. Most of anything on the Carl's Jr menu is a mixture of unhealthy crap with unhealthy crap.

Why am I surprised? I fully understand some people are not ready to embrace veganism and fully understand that a majority of people will continue to support the animal abuse and torture industry and eat meat. I get it. I'm not going to be an ass about their choice. I, futhermore, understand that hamburgers and hot dogs will be sold and remain on the market. I'm a realist.

What I'm repulsed about, is that someone would eat this piece of crap knowing (and yes, everyone KNOWS that this saturated fat and cholesterol soaked shit is bad for their arteries) how bad it is for them. What further perplexes me is with the huge shift in the fast food industry promoting healthy alternatives: how could something like this get to the public?

Oh, yeah. Corporate greed. You can produce this "sandwich" cheaply from chicken byproducts that you call patties, cheap cheese, and byproduct bacon and sell it as a STEAL to the lower classes as a filling, delicious meal, and make some bank in the process. Who cares if you're going to send thousands to their early grave's? I mean, they have the CHOICE to eat it, right?

Of course, they have the choice to put it in their fucking mouths but it doesn't absolve you of your negligence, selfishness, greediness, or repulsiveness. You mislead the public about the safety of your product to make a buck. You produce your ingredients for bottom dollar, without the public health interest as a fleeting thought. It's this foulness that makes these corporate fucks destined to the 9th level of hell.

Tobacco companies gave people a CHOICE to use their product and look at where they are now.

When did the safety and quality of food become secondary concerns for providing food to the public?

I highly recommend FOOD, INC. to anyone who wants to see the state of food in America. This is NOT a vegetarian/vegan documentary but a documentary about the state of food production in our country and the industry that has been built around it. It was nominated for an Academy Award this year and is streamable on NetFlix. It will also be airing, free of charge, on PBS on April 21st. Arm yourself with knowledge. I promise you'll be better off in the long run.

2 minute clip of Food, Inc and the article to go along with it.
Food, Inc Clip

No comments:

Post a Comment